Official language: Bokmal Norwegian, Nynorsk Norwegian
National Association (NA): Virke
Currency: Krone (NKK)
Overview of Norwegian e-commerce statistics
Online shoppers: 3.2 mn
Average spending per online shopper: €2,467
E-commerce growth in 2015: 1.7%
Standard VAT-rate: 25%
Norwegian online population
Norway’s population exists of 5.1 million people, of which 97% uses the internet. 3.2 million of these internet users shop online. These online shoppers or e-shoppers on average spend €2,467 per year.
The Norwegian E-commerce sales reached €7.9bn in 2015, which means there has been a 1.7% e-commerce growth. The VAT-rate in Norway is 25%.
- Webshops: 60+
- Website: www.virke.no/omvirke/aboutvirke/Sider/default.aspx
- Social Media:
Virke was founded in 1990 by the trade organizations of Norway with the goal of creating one strong organization that could increase the influence of one of the most value creating industries in Norway.
We work to improve the framework conditions for our members, and a Norway that values and supports those who run businesses.
As a main enterprise federation, we are the connecting link between your business, the industry and the government. We live by solving problems and challenges, and know that it is all about creating values for you, your colleagues and your business.
Become a member!
Becoming a member of Virke has several advantages:
- Free access to the European and Global B2C Ecommerce Light reports
- Participation in all activities, events and conferences
- Support within employment rights, HR, personnel and management
- Help on how to create attractive meeting places
- Updated business statistics and analyses