Official language: Hungarian
National Association (NA): SzEK.org
Currency: Forint (HUF)
Overview of Hungarian e-commerce statistics
Online shoppers: 3.0 mn
Average spending per online shopper: €373
E-commerce growth in 2015: 20.4%
Standard VAT-rate: 27%
Hungarian online population
Hungary’s population exists of 9.9 million people, of which 76% uses the internet. 3.0 million of these internet users shop online. These online shoppers or e-shoppers on average spend €373 per year.
Of the total Hungarian GDP, 2.7% was spent on e-commerce. The Hungarian turnover reached €1.120mn in 2015 which showed a 20.4% increase. The VAT-rate in Hungary is 27%
SzEK.org is the Hungarian National Association. SzEK.org brings together all players in the e-commerce industry in Hungary, regardless of the sector and the communication medium used.
Become a member!
Becoming a member of SzEK.org has several advantages:
- Free access to the European and B2C Ecommerce Light reports
- Participation in all activities, events and conferences
- Prove of professional ethics and trust by adding the national and Ecommerce Europe Trustmark on your website
- Promotion of contacts, exchanges and development of professional network
- Access to counselling and expertise
- Being represented and defended politically