Ecommerce Europe, the European Digital Commerce association, is looking for a Public Affairs Advisor with a proven track record in EU Public Affairs, who is able to represent the interests of the association in Brussels and implement its public affairs strategy. The applicant’s experience should be relevant, i.e. situated in the Brussels (EU) sphere of activities. He/she should have a proven experience in ecommerce- or digital-related policies, ideally including sustainability.
- Develop, manage and deliver creative Public Affairs and lobbying strategies to achieve our objectives;
- Provide advice on policy developments, with a focus on digital policy and sustainability;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders across the EU institutional landscape;
- Strengthen Ecommerce Europe’s influence on the European Institutions, across governments and other relevant stakeholders.
Background and qualifications
- Proven track record of minimum 3 years in EU affairs (focus on Digital is preferred);
- A proven ability to manage assignments independently and cope with multiple priorities;
- University level education (Master’s degree), preferably in an area related to European studies, economics or law;
- Previous consultancy/EU association experience is an asset;
- Network in the European sphere;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Business acumen;
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of any other European language(s) would be a strong asset;
- Strong computer skills (in particular Microsoft Office, social media).
What we offer
- A challenging and growing environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A dynamic and international team of Public Affairs professionals;
- An attractive and competitive salary.
Terms and conditions
If chosen for the position, the candidate will conclude a contract with Dr2 Consultants, a consultancy firm that manages the Brussels’ Secretariat of Ecommerce Europe and will be given the opportunity to also work on other assignments outside the framework of Ecommerce Europe.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Luca Cassetti (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications should be sent no later than 21 January 2020 with ‘Application Public Affairs Advisor’ in the subject line of the email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.