Article provided by the Chamber of Digital Economy (Poland)
27 September 2018 will become a memorable date in the history of performance and affiliate marketing. On this date, the Performance Day CEE conference was held in Warsaw, bringing together not just the leaders of the Polish e-business and heads of local companies, but also experts from more than 10 countries of the region. This exceptional international event organized by the e-Chamber (Chamber of Digital Economy) has opened a cycle of conferences which are scheduled to take place annually.
For the e-commerce industry, performance and affiliate marketing are among the most important areas of activity.
Trends, trends, trends!
During the Performance Day CEE conference, presenters from Poland and abroad discussed such things as the trends in performance and affiliate marketing that can be expected to dominate in 2019, as well as what to expect in social media next year.
Inspirations, case studies and new technologies
Issues discussed included machine learning, attribution, customer journey, advanced social media advertising and data analytics.
Participants could see several case studies, such as Answear.com, home&you and Euroloan.
The speakers included, among others:
- Matthias Stadelmeyer, CEO, Tradedoubler Global
- Kevin Edwards, Global Client Strategy Director, Awin
- Karel Tlustak, CEO Business Factory & ROI Hunter
- Marek Roszka, expert in development on the Slovak and Czech market, Answear.com
- Philip Keckeis, Director of International Operations, TradeTracker.com
- Karolina Twardosz, SEO Team Leader, Semahead
- Agata Pilacińska-Jakubowska, Performance Development Manager, CEE Google Marketing Platform
- Agnieszka Chabrzyk, Country Director, Business Factory & ROI Hunter
- Anna Gromańska, Publishing & Innovations Director, Cube Group
- Mateusz Nić, Client Service Director, Cube Group,
- Justyna Sobolak, Group Account Director, TradeTracker Poland
- Jarosław Miszczak, Head of Client Service, Bluerank
For the past few years, we have been focusing on digital economy growth in all its aspects, including online marketing, which is of such importance for e-commerce. The conference is an important element of our strategy, especially since it has CEE-wide scale, says Patrycja Sass-Staniszewska, the President of the Board of the Chamber of Digital Economy.
In addition to a huge dose of knowledge that was available during Performance Day CEE, the organizers placed strong emphasis on global networking and international experience sharing. Several networking zones were available during the event for the 200-odd participants:
- Business area with a quiet space for top-level discussions and live streaming of the presentations,
- Networking zone with space for conversation and fast business dates,
- Expo Zone for companies interested in presenting their products and services.
After the conference, a Gala was held during which the winners of 2018 CEE Performance Marketing Diamonds were announced. It was Poland’s first-ever competition focused solely on the effectiveness of performance and affiliate marketing actions in the CEE. It was the first opportunity for Polish companies to show how they function internationally. Likewise, it was the first opportunity for foreign companies to enter a competition in Poland.
The plan to organize a competition originated from the e-Chamber’s performance marketing working group. We set clear goals and we expanded both the conference and the competition onto the entire CEE region, which resulted in an unprecedented international performance marketing event, says Paulina Wojczyńska, Project Director at the e-Chamber.
The partners of the conference were Semahead, Awin, Tradedoubler.
The competition was supported by ARMO and GpeC.
The media partners of the competition were: Marketer+, E-commerce w Praktyce, Mediarun, Social Press, Komerso.pl, MyCompany, newsfeed.pl, Gomobi.pl.
This is a guest article provided by Ecommerce Europe Polish national association Chamber of Digital Economy (e-Chamber). National associations and Ecommerce Europe members can have their articles and reports regularly published in our website. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .