The Northern European region, comprising Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland and the Baltic states, is now in fourth position for e-commerce size, with a 9.2% European market share. In 2012 the total B2C e-commerce economy of Northern Europe amounted to €28.4 billion, a 10% growth compared to 2011. Online sales of goods and services are forecast to reach €31 billion in 2013, a growth of 7.1% in comparison with 2012.
This is all revealed by the latest report on B2C e-commerce in Northern Europe by Ecommerce Europe. Ecommerce Europe is the European umbrella organization for online retailers. Figures in Ecommerce Europe reports are based on the Global Online Measurement Standard for B2C E-commerce (GOMSEC). Ecommerce Europe also published comprehensive Regional Reports on B2C E-commerce in Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe and Western Europe. All the reports are powered by RichRelevance, Hybris and Salesupply.
Free downloads available now
Would you like to find out more about e-commerce in Northern Europe? The free light versions of our Regional Reports can be downloaded and the abstract of the Northern European B2C E-commerce report, for instance, can be downloaded here.
Full reports are also available:
- European B2C E-commerce Report 2014: €1,950 (now available)
- 790 per report (including Infographics and in-depth Country Profiles)
- Western European Report: Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands and United Kingdom
- Central European Report: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland and Switzerland
- Southern European Report: Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Turkey
- Northern European Report:
- Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden
- Eastern European Report: Romania, Russia and Ukraine
All European reports (5 regional reports + European Report): €2,950