The mature online markets of Northern Europe are Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. Denmark leads the way with a total online B2C sales of €7.4 billion. Projections for 2013 indicate that Denmark will maintain its position with total online B2C sales of €8.3 billion. Sweden and Norway are projected to rank second and third place with total online B2C sales of €8.1 billion and €7.6 billion respectively in 2013. Finland will be in fourth place with total online B2C sales of €5.6 billion in 2013.
The Baltic states and Iceland are showing the lowest online sales between €100 million and €300 million each. However, these countries are expected to establish the highest e-commerce growth between 20% and 30% in 2013, and are therefore upcoming e-commerce markets.
This is all revealed by the latest report on B2C e-commerce in Northern Europe by Ecommerce Europe. Ecommerce Europe is the European umbrella organization for online retailers. Figures in Ecommerce Europe reports are based on the Global Online Measurement Standard for B2C E-commerce (GOMSEC). Ecommerce Europe also published comprehensive Regional Reports on B2C E-commerce in Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe and Western Europe. All the reports are powered by RichRelevance, Hybris and Salesupply.
Free downloads available now
Would you like to find out more about e-commerce in Northern Europe? The free light versions of our Regional Reports can be downloaded and the abstract of the Northern European B2C E-commerce report, for instance, can be downloaded here.
Full reports are also available:
- European B2C E-commerce Report 2014: €1,950 (now available)
- 790 per report (including Infographics and in-depth Country Profiles)
- Western European Report: Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands and United Kingdom
- Central European Report: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland and Switzerland
- Southern European Report: Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Turkey
- Northern European Report:
- Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden
- Eastern European Report: Romania, Russia and Ukraine
All European reports (5 regional reports + European Report): €2,950