National E-commerce Association: Consorzio Netcomm
In relation to the ongoing emergency related to the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Consorzio Netcomm is constantly monitoring the situation to analyze its evolution and to be able to promptly provide useful information to all its members. The association has launched a dedicated webpage for information on the coronavirus.
The Italian government adopted measures to support the economy, such as:
- financing and other measures to strengthen the national health system, civil protection and other public bodies involved in the emergency;
- support to employment and workers for the protection of work and income;
- credit support for families and micro, small and medium enterprises, through the banking system and the use of the central guarantee fund;
- suspension of payment obligations for taxes and contributions as well as other tax obligations and tax incentives for the sanitation of workplaces and bonuses for employees who remain in service.
Please find more information about the adopted measures via the links below:
- Cura Italia
- Decree on suspension of payment of personal income taxes
- Decree on suspension of payment of corporate taxes by businesses
- 30 September: Despite rumors suggesting otherwise, Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte stated that the Italian COVID-19 Recovery Plan is on track to be presented to the European Commission on time.
- 10 September: Italy drafted a 30-page document outlining the country’s recovery plan from COVID-19. Main priorities for the Italian government include digitalization and innovation, the green transition, health, sustainable infrastructure, education and research, and social and territorial inclusion.
- 03 September: The Italian government seeks a deal with Paris to impose COVID-19 testing on tourists and workers returning from France and is looking to do the same with Spain since infections are increasing there as well.