To achieve the goal of e-commerce growth, web merchants identify three key themes that influence the e-commerce climate: e-regulation, e-payments and e-logistics. These themes provide the framework in which web merchants can deliver sound products and online services to consumers across Europe.
- Establishing strategic framework and plans for public affairs in Europe;
- Political and legislative community supervision through analyzing and following up on political and regulatory developments;
- Public affairs initiatives and actions to European institutions: meeting with institutions and relevant e-commerce stakeholders;
- Institutional communications: foster research, preparing position papers, white papers, reports, facts and figures relevant to the European e-commerce market.
To deal with the issues stated above Ecommerce Europe has 2 working committees on e-regulation and e-payments:
Members of the working committees are representatives of national member organizations and employees of company members. The main goals of working committees are preparing policy statements, draft white and position papers, provide for networking opportunities and inform European institutions and (inter)national stakeholders.
Stakeholders and companies in the business partner program can be invited to working committee meetings depending on the agenda and on stakeholders’ specific expertise.
Ecommerce Europe has installed the Expert Group on e-logistics to prepare policy and papers on cross-border logistics. Expert groups consists of representatives of national association, employees of company members and representatives of business partners of Ecommerce Europe.
Statistical & Research Board
Ecommerce Europe has installed a Statistical Board to deal with facts, figures and research on e-commerce in Europe.
Ecommerce Europe's Statistical & Research Board:
- the Netherlands: Wijnand Jongen, chair
- Belgium: Carine Moitier
- Denmark: Henrik Theil
- France: Claire Vesque
- France: Marc Lolivier
- Italy: Roberto Liscia
- the Netherlands: Marin Wiellersen
- Norway: Gerhard Antun